Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Anthony "The Man" Mundine


whether you like the sport of boxing or not, last nights fight between Anthony Mundine and Danny Green concluded with what I think was a fair result. Both Mundine and Green danced around the floor trading blows in a fairly good display. Mundine's defense was the key, holding Green out and with his speed he managed to counter Greens with some lightning of his own. Interestingly "The Man" still rates himself saying "I'm the most dynamic, prolific, scientific, artistic, charismatic, flamboyant, impeccable athlete in the past, present and the future. The Australian public, I don't hate you all. You got a love me man, I'm one of your own."

Why is it that boxers, not the most articulate people in the world, always seem to be able to talk themselves up. The greats did it, thenott so great did it. Is it their way of getting drive? Surely they are setting themselves up for a fall. Why don't we see people in business doing it. You know I am the most scientific,educated, artistic, prolific,charismatic, flamboyant, dynamic audio visual guy in the world but I don't go around saying that, do I?

Comments:
Nice, I like it a lot! I changed mine last night too. It was a toss up between this one and a picture of MacGyver. Love the pic
 
Teehee.

NAPOLEON!!! WOOT!

I know what you mean about boxers talking themselves up - I agree it must be an ego thing to make them fight better. Or else they... can't... um... butter. Yes, butter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?